adidas unveils another iteration of the Y-3 Qasa High sneaker model alongside designer Yohji Yamamoto, bringing life back to the silhouette. It was notably one of adidas' most technical designs and iconic addition to the ongoing 20-year partnership between the two. The shoe was originally released back in 2013 and was noticed due to its avant-garde design language.
This time around, it boasts most of the same minimal design including the black and white colorway palette. It has an EVA outsole foundation which is actually inspired by the 90s Tubular running technology. It is constructed from a neoprene material throughout the sock-like upper and has elasticated straps around the front, a leather toe cap, and a smooth lining by the heel.
Image Credit: adidas
adidas and Yohji Yamamoto Relaunch to the Y-3 Qasa High
1. Avant-garde Sneaker Designs - The popularity of avant-garde sneaker designs offers an opportunity for sneaker companies to differentiate themselves by creating unique and out-of-the-box designs.
2. Technical Sneaker Designs - The trend for technical sneaker designs presents an opportunity for innovation in materials, construction, and functionality.
3. Retro-inspired Sneakers - The resurgence of retro-inspired sneakers offers an opportunity for sneaker companies to reintroduce past designs with modern updates and materials.
1. Athletic Footwear Industry - The athletic footwear industry can take advantage of these trends by investing in innovative designs and materials to stand out from the competition.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can incorporate these trends by creating unique and statement-making sneakers that appeal to fashion and sneaker enthusiasts alike.
3. Retail Industry - The retail industry can capitalize on these trends by offering a variety of sneaker options for consumers to choose from, including limited edition releases and exclusive collaborations with designers.