The Miami-based company 'Smart-Rhino' is set to debut the 'Xcooter' at CES 2016. The highly anticipated release coincides with an ongoing demand for new modes of transportation for the urban consumer.
Although the Xcooter is considered an electric scooter, it does not require riders to push with their feet. Instead, riders simply hop on board and begin cruising at up to 17 mph. The scooter is ideal for city riding thanks to its 10 inch wheels, which can travel over most everyday obstacles. Once the rider has arrived at their destination, they can fold up the 42 pound scooter and store it away until it is needed again. To charge the scooter, users simply need to plug the charger into a 110-volt outlet.
The Xcooter's portable nature and durable design makes it ideal for short rides or even for storing away on the subway during one's morning commute.
The 'Xcooter' is Set to Be Unveiled at CES 2016
1. Collapsible Electric Scooters - Opportunity for disruptive innovation lies in developing more lightweight and portable electric scooters with longer battery life.
2. Urban Transportation - Disruptive innovation can be found in the development of new modes of transportation that cater to the needs of urban consumers, such as electric scooters.
3. Foldable Mobility Solutions - The market could benefit from disruptive innovation that focuses on creating more foldable and compact mobility solutions for urban dwellers.
1. Electric Vehicle Industry - The electric vehicle industry can explore disruptive innovation by creating more compact, lightweight, and portable electric scooters for urban commuters.
2. Personal Mobility Industry - The personal mobility industry has an opportunity for disruptive innovation by developing new urban transportation solutions like foldable electric scooters.
3. Consumer Electronics Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in the consumer electronics industry to design and manufacture more compact and portable electric scooters for urban consumers.