A new company called World View is jumping into the burgeoning space tourism market. The company isn't exactly offering trips into outer space per se, however. Instead, it wants to take people 100,000 feet up into the atmosphere in a capsule tethered to a helium balloon. Those aboard wouldn't be high enough to experience weightlessness, but World View says it's not about that: i's about the view.
While Virgin Galactic is offering flights into space for $250,000, World View is only charging $75,000 for a ride aboard its capsule. Six passengers and two pilots can fit inside the craft, which the company says can be aloft for a few hours to a few days. With private space travel quickly becoming a reality, it's likely we'll see more companies, such as World View, offering alternatives to Virgin Galactic in terms of both pricing and experience.
World View is Set to Offer Lengthy Tours into the Earth's Stratosphere
1. Space Tourism - The rise of companies like World View offering affordable alternatives to Virgin Galactic's space flights presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the space tourism industry.
2. Stratospheric Balloon Voyages - World View's offering of lengthy tours into the Earth's stratosphere via helium balloon presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the travel and adventure tourism industry.
3. Affordable Private Space Travel - The introduction of lower-cost options like World View's capsule rides at $75,000 presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the private space travel industry, making it more accessible to a broader range of customers.
1. Space Tourism - The space tourism industry is being disrupted by companies like World View offering competitive pricing and alternative experiences to Virgin Galactic.
2. Travel and Adventure Tourism - World View's stratospheric balloon voyages present disruptive innovation opportunities in the travel and adventure tourism industry by providing unique and breathtaking experiences to customers.
3. Private Space Travel - The private space travel industry is experiencing disruptive innovation with the introduction of more affordable options like World View's capsule rides, expanding the customer base and making space travel more accessible.