With the World Cup going on, brands big and small want to be able to put a unique, relevant spin on products or services, even if they are completely unrelated to football—this World Cup car campaign by Audi shows a fun way to get involved in the games.
The World Cup Scoreboard was set up with shipping containers and it uses the headlights of Audi cars inside of each container to form the illuminated numbers that keep score. The giant scoreboard is situated along the shore of Greenpoint in Brooklyn, helping to keep New Yorkers and football fans from all over the world in the loop on all of the action of this year's 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Audi's World Cup Car Scoreboard is Lit Up by Headlights
1. Shipping-container Advertising - The success of Audi's World Cup container scoreboard shows opportunities for brands to create unique and eye-catching installations using shipping containers as advertising platforms.
2. Car-as-marketing-tool - Audi's World Cup car campaign highlights the potential of using cars as a medium for creative marketing and experiential advertising.
3. Non-traditional Sponsorship - Audi's World Cup scoreboard demonstrates the effectiveness of creative, non-traditional sponsorships in engaging consumers and generating buzz around major events.
1. Advertising - The use of shipping containers as advertising platforms represents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the advertising industry.
2. Automotive - Audi's World Cup car campaign shows the potential for cars to become a more integrated part of marketing and branding efforts in the automotive industry.
3. Sports Marketing - The success of Audi's World Cup scoreboard suggests that sports marketing companies should explore non-traditional sponsorships and creative installations to engage consumers and promote their brands during events.