Korean brand WOOYOUNGMI returns for the Spring/Summer 2018 season with a collaborative series with footwear label Vault by Vans. This marks Vault by Van's first collaboration with a Korean label and the series is comprised of two different offerings. Both of the footwear silhouettes take on the classic Slip-On structure and boasts two colorways. There are the options of either 'Royal Blue' or 'Deep Red' across the uppers constructed from full-grain leather materials.
The highlighted detail of the shoes is the double toned branding of WOOYOUNGMI that adorns the midsoles. Another unique detail of the shoes are the paisley print patterns drawn by hand, which is a frequent design by the Korean label found on the footbeds. The two shoes are set to launch on June 2nd at Vans' retail locations in Seoul and WOOYOUNGMI flagship locations.
WOOYOUNGMI Gives Van's Classic Slip-On Model a Tonal Makeover
1. Collaborative Footwear - This trend showcases the growing popularity of collaborations between fashion brands and footwear labels, presenting opportunities for businesses to form unique partnerships and create innovative products.
2. Unique Branding - The use of double toned branding on the midsoles of these shoes highlights the trend of brands incorporating distinctive and eye-catching elements in their product designs, allowing businesses to explore disruptive branding strategies.
3. Hand-drawn Patterns - The inclusion of paisley print patterns drawn by hand on the footbeds of these shoes reflects a trend towards incorporating artisanal craftsmanship in footwear design, presenting opportunities for businesses to create unique and personalized products.
1. Fashion and Footwear - The fashion and footwear industry can leverage the trend of collaborative footwear to extend their brand reach and tap into new markets through partnerships with other labels.
2. Retail - The retail industry can explore the trend of unique branding to differentiate their products and create memorable shopping experiences for customers, driving customer loyalty and sales.
3. Art and Design - The art and design industry can capitalize on the trend of hand-drawn patterns to create limited-edition and customized footwear designs, offering unique and artistic products to consumers.