Tal Weinreb's wooden shoes take inspiration from the practicality of Shaker furniture, which could be hung on the walls when not in use. The design of the 'Hang It' wooden shoes play off this same principle. Wooden shoes like clogs have been around for centuries, but Weinreb's interpretation deconstructs shoes like a piece of furniture.
Alike the construction of a wooden chest, the shoes are assembled with hinges that can be dismantled into several pieces for hanging on a wall, making these shoes artful pieces both on the wall and off. Tal Weinreb designed two pairs of wooden shoes -- one with a sandal's thong-like toe piece and the other with a more traditional clog shape. Each piece melds function with a stunningly beautiful aesthetic.
Tal Weinreb's Wooden Shoes are Designed to Be Displayed on a Wall
1. Hinged Wooden Shoes - The hinged construction of wooden shoes allows for innovative design and display options.
2. Deconstructed Footwear - The deconstruction of shoes like furniture opens up new possibilities for unique and customizable designs.
3. Artful Shoe Displays - Using shoes as artful pieces both on the wall and off creates opportunities for creative and visually striking shoe displays.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can explore unique shoe designs using hinged constructions to offer customers innovative display options.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate deconstructed footwear as decorative pieces, merging furniture design and fashion aesthetics.
3. Art Galleries - Art galleries can showcase artful shoe displays as a unique and visually engaging form of artistic expression.