A recent breakthrough in stem cell research reveals that women have the capability of creating sperm and creating offspring. The breakthrough means that infertile couples may have new hope.
"The researchers at Newcastle University say that the advance, when developed further, could help men with certain types of infertility to become fertile and even one day could enable a lesbian couple to have children that genetically would be their own. The experiment used embryo cells to produce seven baby mice, six of whom lived into adulthood, although the survivors suffered adverse events of the kind seen in cloning experiments." - Irish Health
1. Female Sperm Creation - Researchers have discovered that women can produce sperm through stem cell research.
2. Infertility Treatments - The breakthrough in female sperm creation presents a new and effective treatment for infertility issues
3. Genetically-related Surrogacy - Stem cell research could potentially enable lesbian couples to have children biologically related to them both.
1. Research and Development - Businesses and organizations can invest in companies researching and developing innovations in stem cells for infertility treatments.
2. Biotechnology - The biotech industry can play a key role in the research and development of infertility treatments using stem cells.
3. Fertility Clinics - The discovery of the capability of women to produce sperm presents an opportunity for fertility clinics to develop new treatments and services based on this research.