This woman made of candles is quite realistic. In fact, if the candles were not lit, she would look mummified. It is this deathly aesthetic that gives the entire sculpture a creepy vibe, despite how impressive it really is.
Created by Belgium fashion design house A.F. Vandevorst, this woman made of candles made its disturbing debut during the the Arnhem Mode Biennale 2011, an art and fashion show that was held this past July. This wax woman with embedded candle wicks is so captivating, it wouldn't be surprising if she were mimicked by other artists. Actually, it wouldn't be surprising if regular people decided to create something similar for the Halloween season.
Completely unique, this woman made of candles most definitely stole the show. The candles themselves are mesmerizing.
A.F. Vandevorst's Woman Made of Candles Glows Eerily
1. Realistic Candle Sculptures - Opportunity for artists to create unique and eerie sculptures using candles as a medium.
2. Deathly Aesthetics - Potential for incorporating creepy and macabre elements into art and design to create a captivating and unsettling atmosphere.
3. Wax Artistry - Emerging trend in using wax as a material for creating intricate and impressive sculptures.
1. Fashion Design - Chance for fashion designers to explore unconventional materials and aesthetics in their creations, such as incorporating wax sculptures into garments.
2. Art and Sculpture - Rise in demand for unique and captivating sculptures that evoke eerie emotions and challenge traditional artistic boundaries.
3. Halloween Decor - Opportunity for individuals and businesses to create spooky and realistic decorations for Halloween using candle sculptures as a focal point.