The United Kingdom government is beginning a trial to test wireless taxi charging. In total, the government is making an investment equivalent to 4.43 million USD to run the test for a period of six months. Two taxi models, including the '10 Nissan' and 'LEVC,' will be able to use the wireless technology. The taxi chargers will be located in the city of Nottingham, however, following the trial period the chargers could be made available in other cities.
Wireless taxi charging technology has a number of benefits, including the ability to charge multiple vehicles at once. Increased charging capabilities drastically increases the efficiency of charging electric vehicles. Additionally, wireless charging throughout a city could address range concerns that many people have regarding electric vehicles, this is because efficient charging solutions would be available to drivers at multiple locations
Image Credit: Shutterstock
The UK Government Invested in a Wireless Chargers for Taxis
1. Wireless Taxi Charging - Wireless charging technology for taxis can revolutionize the transportation industry by increasing efficiency and addressing range concerns for electric vehicles.
2. Multi-vehicle Charging - The ability to charge multiple vehicles at once will improve the efficiency of electric vehicle charging stations and reduce waiting times for drivers.
3. Citywide Wireless Charging - Implementing wireless charging technology throughout a city can provide convenient and accessible charging solutions for electric vehicle users, encouraging wider adoption of electric transportation.
1. Transportation - The transportation industry can benefit from wireless taxi charging by improving the efficiency and convenience of electric vehicle usage, promoting sustainability and reducing carbon emissions.
2. Energy - The energy industry can capitalize on the increasing demand for wireless charging technology by developing innovative solutions and infrastructure to support widespread adoption in cities and transportation hubs.
3. Technology - The technology industry can seize opportunities in wireless taxi charging by developing advanced charging systems, such as smart grids and wireless charging pads, to enhance the overall charging experience for electric vehicle users.