The SkyMouse is a wireless mouse allows you to easily control your cursor with hand gestures. The wireless peripheral attaches to your fingers so that you can easily and accurately navigate.
Conceived by designer Eliott Ephrati, the SkyMouse was created to provide an accessible and ergonomic method of computer navigation. The gadget uses infrared lights and trackers along with advanced algorithms to allow you to control your computer. Finger attachments emit infrared light so that the accompanying receiver can pick it up. All of this is done without any installed software so that you can just plug it in and use it without any hassle.
Ephrati is currently raising funds on KickStarter to begin production of the SkyMouse.
The SkyMouse Wireless Mouse Integrates Fingertips with Computers
1. Gesture Control - The SkyMouse's use of hand gestures as a control method showcases the trend of gesture control in human-computer interaction.
2. Wireless Peripherals - The SkyMouse's wireless functionality represents the trend of wireless peripherals, allowing for greater freedom of movement and convenience.
3. Ergonomic Design - The SkyMouse's ergonomic design highlights the trend of designing products with user comfort and well-being in mind.
1. Computer Hardware - The SkyMouse's integration with computers offers disruptive innovation opportunities in the computer hardware industry, particularly in the realm of input devices.
2. Consumer Electronics - The SkyMouse's wireless and ergonomic features present disruptive innovation opportunities in the consumer electronics industry, specifically in the market for computer peripherals.
3. Software Development - The SkyMouse's ability to function without any installed software opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the software development industry, particularly for creating intuitive and plug-and-play input interfaces.