This wire coffee table was built to create a relationship between the "passive table and active objects."
Designed by George Riding, the table is accompanied by a number of accessories that have various functions. The table itself is made up of a wire frame and half of it has horizontal lines, while the other half has vertical lines and a square indentation to hold objects. The table comes with a "black wooden board, plate, marble block and brass vase" -- all of which come with grooves that allow the objects to be slotted into the table.
By enhancing the coffee table, this designer not only creates an artistic home staple but one that integrates function in a unique way.
This Table Creates an Interaction Between Passive and Active Objects
1. Interactive Tables - The use of tables and accompanying accessories to promote interaction between passive and active objects has potential for further innovation
2. Wire-frame Furniture - Designing furniture with wire frames provides a unique aesthetic and may offer new avenues for creativity
3. Functional Home Decor - Blending decor and function in household items can provide unique, innovative solutions
1. Furniture - The furniture industry can explore wire-frame designs to create unique products that integrate function and style
2. Home Decor - Incorporating functionality into home decor can attract consumers who want practicality in their decorative items
3. Design - Designers can experiment with interactive furniture to create new, dynamic spaces that promote engagement