Turn your favorite white sangria recipe into a delicious south American paleta popsicle treat with this summertime recipe by Serious Eats. Food blogger Fany Gerson teaches you how to create a refreshingly boozy popsicle that is perfect for adults on a summer hot summer day.
Sangria is a great drink to make because it's easy to customize the flavors and tailor the drink to your tastes. White wine sangria is a little bit lighter in flavor than traditional red wine sangria and it tastes great with citrus fruits like mango. In a bowl combine one cup of white wine with chopped green grapes, plums, nectarines, mango and pineapple. Let the mixture sit in the fridge. Add peach juice, white grape juice and sugar in a pot and boil till it turns into a syrup. Add lemon juice and mix the syrup in with the wine and fruit. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and add popsicle sticks. Once they're frozen get outside and enjoy!
These White Sangria Popsicles are Inspired by a South American Recipe
1. Boozy Ice Pops - Creating upscale alcoholic ice pops is a growing trend amongst artisanal and home-based food brands, driven by consumers' changing preferences for refreshing, easy-to-eat alcoholic treats.
2. Customizable Sangria Recipes - There is an opportunity for food and beverage companies to cater to consumers' desire for customizable sangria recipes, leveraging seasonal ingredients and unique taste profiles in order to offer refreshing alcoholic drinks in poptail or traditional drinks format.
3. Creative Mixology Techniques - There is a growing interest in incorporating international and cultural ingredients and techniques to traditional Western alcoholic beverage recipes, especially in the form of DIY-made popsicles, shakes, and frozen drinks.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry has an opportunity to cater to consumers' evolving taste preferences for fun, seasonal, and Instagram-worthy alcoholic treats, such as boozy ice pops and sangria in poptails formats.
2. DIY Food Blogging - Food bloggers and influencers have the opportunity to showcase their creativity by DIY-making their own alcoholic ice pop recipes, including culturally-infused ingredients and globally-inspired techniques.
3. Alcoholic Beverage Companies - Alcoholic beverage companies can take advantage of the growing consumer interest in easy-to-eat alcoholic treats by launching or partnering with pop-tail lines, leveraging the popularity of fruity, trendy drinks like sangria and pina colada.