Created by UK-based advertising graduate Tom Watkins, the 'When I'm A Dad' campaign is an emotional and personal response to a New Blood 2015 brief for WeTransfer. The brief that inspired the project called for envisioning the person you will be a decade from now through illustration.
Watkins' project came in the form of a stunningly illustrated children's book that outlined the vows he holds himself to in regards to his fatherhood goals and seeks to inspire other future fathers. To go along with the project, Watkins also launched a 'When I'm A Dad' website in order to start a conversation.
A recent graduate of the University of Lincoln creative advertising program, Watkins is said to have moved a D&AD New Blood Awards judge to tears with the 'When I'm A Dad' piece.
The Emotional 'When I'm A Dad' Campaign Highlights Fatherhood
1. Personal Fatherhood Vows - Opportunity for brands to tap into the emotional aspect of fatherhood by encouraging personal reflections and commitments.
2. Illustrated Storytelling - Disruptive innovation opportunity exists in creating visually captivating and emotionally engaging narratives to convey powerful messages.
3. Online Conversations on Future Fatherhood - Platforms that facilitate discussions and support networks for future fathers can fill a gap in the online community.
1. Advertising - Ad agencies can partner with brands to create heartfelt campaigns that inspire and connect with fathers on a deeper emotional level.
2. Publishing - Publishing companies can explore the market demand for illustrated books or digital content that explores the journey of fatherhood and offers personal reflections.
3. Digital Platforms - Tech startups can develop online platforms or apps that provide a space for future fathers to share their aspirations, seek advice, and build a supportive community.