Brands that support their community are brands that create a long-lasting relationship not only with more than its consumers. The West Elm Local program helps facilitate this kind of genuine connection by supporting independent designers. Although an unlikely incubator, the furniture company recognizes that there are a slew of incredible designers out there that need a helping hand when it comes to production and exposure.
Through the West Elm Local program, that can be achieved. And it works to West Elm's benefit as well. President Jim Brett says, "I wanted to bring personality and soul and handmade into the business." It also recognizes that there is a careful process that needs to be set when growing a small business and it supports that by growing with the small business.
The West Elm Local Program Supports Independent Designers
1. Community-supportive Incubators - Creating community-supportive incubators benefits both independent designers and the supporting brands by creating long-lasting relationships.
2. Handmade Design - Incorporating personality, soul, and handmade creations into businesses through incubator programs can create unique and successful brands.
3. Growth Support Programs - Supporting a careful growth process through incubator programs helps small businesses thrive and creates opportunities for mutually beneficial relationships.
1. Furniture - Furniture companies can incorporate incubator programs to support independent designers and protect unique design and style.
2. Retail - Through community-supportive incubator programs, retail companies can help independent designers grow and create successful, long-lasting relationships.
3. Small Business - Supporting independent designers through specialized incubator programs can create opportunities for growth and development in small businesses.