When it comes to at-home exercise, one does not really think about weight designs as contributors to the overall aesthetic of the home. The pure functionality of the piece alone is enough to stimulate purchase. Designers Candice Blanc and Ulysse Martel, however, elevate the concept of at-home exercise through a set of appealing weight designs that are coated with iridescent lacquer, fostering a strong visual impact.
A part of a collection dubbed 'Olympia,' the objects can be used by consumers to get in shape or as sculptural home decor. The weight designs include a two-hand dumbbell, a pair of push-up bars and a trio of free weights. Individuals are able to connect or stack the objects, in order to create a small but attention-captivating home decor piece.
Photo Credits: Raphaëlle Mueller
Candice Blanc & Ulysse Martel's Weights Double as Sculptures
1. Minimalist Weight Designs - Opportunity for creating weight designs that combine functionality with appealing aesthetics, such as iridescent lacquer coatings.
2. Multipurpose Exercise Equipment - Opportunity to design exercise equipment that doubles as sculptural home decor, offering consumers both functionality and visual appeal.
3. Customizable Home Fitness - Opportunity to create weight designs that can be connected or stacked, allowing consumers to customize their home fitness set-up.
1. Fitness Equipment - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create fitness equipment that combines functionality with visually appealing designs for the at-home exercise market.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior design companies to incorporate multipurpose exercise equipment into their product offerings, catering to consumers who value both fitness and home aesthetics.
3. Home Fitness - Opportunity for the home fitness industry to tap into the trend of customizable and visually appealing weight designs, providing consumers with a unique and personalized workout experience.