While food carvings of this caliber are usually seen in pumpkins around Halloween, artist Clive Cooper seems to be starting a new summer tradition with his incredible watermelon carvings.
Sharks, bears, dinosaurs and Vikings are just some of the many intricately detailed watermelon sculptures Cooper has crafted. By creating his watermelon creations with a more "pumpkin-oriented" style, Cooper's watermelons are incredibly expressive and vibrant, and appear to almost leap at you. Cooper even goes as far as to use the watermelon's hard shell as an accessory for some of his sculptures; carving it into masks, glasses, hats and even armor. By carving at different depths, Cooper is able to add texture and color to help make his sculptures more lifelike.
Cooper's watermelon carvings are so incredible it seems almost a shame to eat them.
Clive Cooper's Fruit Sculptures are Almost Too Good to Eat
1. Intricate Food Sculptures - The trend of creating intricate sculptures out of food presents opportunities for culinary artists and event planners to impress and surprise their audience with visually stunning displays.
2. Fruit Carvings as Art - The trend of using fruits, such as watermelons, as a medium for artistic expression opens up opportunities for artists to showcase their creativity and craftsmanship in unique and edible ways.
3. Transforming Traditional Practices - The trend of applying techniques typically used for carving pumpkins to other fruits, like watermelons, allows for innovation in fruit carving and expands the boundaries of traditional practices.
1. Culinary Arts - The culinary arts industry can harness the trend of intricate food sculptures by offering specialized courses and workshops on fruit carving, attracting a niche market of aspiring food artists.
2. Event Planning - Event planners can incorporate the trend of fruit carvings as art into their design and decor concepts, creating visually striking displays that captivate attendees and leave a lasting impression.
3. Art and Craft - The art and craft industry can tap into the trend of transforming traditional practices by offering tools, resources, and tutorials for fruit carving, inspiring artists to explore new possibilities and techniques.