The 'Waiting Wall' has been revealing some British residents' deepest emotional secrets. Those traveling through Brighton train station are able to witness anonymous remarks made by thousands of contributors displayed on a large screen. The project is part of the Brighton Digital Festival, and brings a distinctly personal and humanized element to the celebration of digital technologies.
The inspiration behind the Waiting Wall was to create a modern-day version of Jerusalem's Wailing Wall. The instalment is also a sobering reminder that everyone has problems that they are working through, and that nobody is alone. The Waiting Wall makes the mundane trip through the train station a little more eye-opening and somewhat uplifting for those reading these confessions. The messages vary from marriage troubles to deeply personal secrets.
The 'Waiting Wall' Reveals Emotional Confessions in a Bus Station
1. Anonymous Confession Screens - Facilitating anonymous confessions via digital screens could be implemented in other public places other than bus stations.
2. Humanizing Technology - Digital technologies can be humanized through the use of personal experiences such as anonymous confessions.
3. Emotional Connections in Public Spaces - Spaces that elicit emotional connections and interactions can create unique experiences.
1. Transportation - Bus stations and other transportation spaces could implement anonymous confession screens to enhance customer experience.
2. Digital Marketing and Advertising - Brands could capitalize on anonymous confession screens to transmit an emotional message and stir connection.
3. Mental Health - Anonymous confession screens could be used in mental health spaces, such as therapist waiting rooms, to increase openness and reduce societal stigmas around mental health.