In Las Vegas, Modal hosted a series of gaming experiences using HTC's Vive Focus, enabling users to join a game of VR Ping!
With the retro video game traditionally featured in a basic 2D format, the VR version provided users with a 3D update, turning the predicable back and forth game into a nerve-wracking and immersive experience that allows players to ricochet the ball to their opponent themselves. Wearing VIVE headsets, players had the chance to get behind the controller and send the ball back strategically, while their opponents attempted to beat their scores.
In addition to providing users with a more immersive experience, the evolved version of Ping! showed how VR can be used to drastically change once simple games into completely new ones.
Image Credit: Modal Systems / Caesar’s Entertainment / Rio / VIVE / VR Arcade
A VR Ping! Experience Drastically Updated the Iconic 2D Game
1. 3D Retro Video Games - The use of virtual reality technology to transform traditional 2D video games into immersive 3D experiences.
2. VR Gaming Experiences - The development of virtual reality gaming experiences that provide users with a more interactive and immersive gameplay.
3. Evolution of Retro Games - The utilization of new technologies like VR to revolutionize and update classic retro games for modern audiences.
1. Virtual Reality (VR) Gaming - The growth of the virtual reality gaming industry as more immersive and interactive gaming experiences are developed.
2. Video Game Development - The need for video game developers to explore new technologies like virtual reality to create innovative and engaging gameplay experiences.
3. Retro Gaming Market - The expansion of the retro gaming market as companies incorporate new technologies to revitalize and update classic games.