There's no reason your knife holder shouldn't be a bit more awesome, like the Voodoo Knife Holder by Viceversa. With the image of a voodoo doll stabbbed by several knives, the object is more than just a functional design, it is a work of art.
Spice up your kitchen with a voodoo knife set. Designed by Raffaele Iannello and available at Viceversa
Implications - Traditional house fixtures are favored by many people, however, in recent years there has been a transition toward more individualized fixtures. By creating goods that offer the same high-quality product utility that consumers yearn for -- but with a humorous twist -- consumers are more likely to buy double. Consumers who already purchased certain goods are more likely to buy duplicate products if they feel your product adds a unique must-have twist to something they may already have.
1. Humorous Kitchen Accessories - Designing functional kitchen accessories with a humorous touch offers a disruptive opportunity to attract customers.
2. Personalized Home Fixtures - Offering personalized home fixtures as an alternative to traditional ones presents a disruptive opportunity to appeal to consumers' individuality.
3. Functionality with Artistic Design - Combining high-quality product utility with artistic design offers a disruptive opportunity to attract consumers who appreciate both practicality and creativity.
1. Kitchenware - Kitchenware companies can benefit from incorporating humorous designs and personalized fixtures into their product lines.
2. Home Decor - Home decor companies can benefit from expanding their product offerings to include more personalized and humorous fixtures.
3. Art and Design - Art and design companies can benefit from creating functional products that also appeal to consumers' senses of humor and individuality.