The Volkswagen Side Assist ad campaign presents a clever comparison between this car's danger-avoiding feature and some iconically dangerous individuals. The campaign focuses on these particular individuals just before they became dangerous. For instance, the campaign uses the time Bonnie and Clyde first met as well as the birth of Hannibal Lecter. In doing so, it shows that with the Volkswagen Side Assist people can "see things before they get dangerous," as the tag line states.
Conceived by DDB Tribal Group, an ad agency based in Berlin, the Volkswagen Side Assist ad campaign helps eliminate human error by recognizing potential dangers in the driver's blind spot and avoiding them. If only a similar safety system could have been set up to avoid the messes caused by the characters featured in this campaign, the world would be much a safer place.
The Volkswagen Side Assist Campaign Clevery Prevents Accidents
1. Danger-avoiding Features in Automotive - Further research and development in advanced technology to help eliminate human error in the driver's blind spot can increase road safety and reduce accidents.
2. Humorous Comparisons in Advertising - Using clever and humorous comparisons in advertisements can draw attention to a product's unique features and set it apart from competitors.
3. Brand Storytelling in Advertising - Using brand storytelling through historical references can create an emotional connection with customers and increase brand loyalty.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry can benefit from incorporating danger-avoiding features into their products to increase safety and attract safety-conscious consumers.
2. Advertising - The advertising industry can benefit from using clever and humorous comparisons and brand storytelling to create memorable campaigns that resonate with consumers.
3. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can benefit from using historical references and storytelling to create emotional connections with customers and increase brand loyalty.