The Vogue Paris November 2013 issue pays homage to the acclaimed neo-noir film adaptation of James Ellroy's L.A. Confidential, a novel that explores our fixation on celebrity (and throws in a couple of corrupt cops for excitement). The dangerously sexy shoot stars the beautiful Iselin Steiro in a series of glamorous, old-school Hollywood looks. Anastasia Barbieri dressed Steiro in a dazzling array of luxurious furs, double-breasted jackets, full-length trench coats and high-waisted trouser suits for a distinctly retro finish. Steiro's perfectly coiffed hair, luscious pout and come-hither look cement her as a bona-fide femme-fatale.
The primarily black-and-white photographs, shot by Glen Luchford, are delightful mixture of grit, sensuality and glamour. The magnetic shoot not only does the film justice; it also reveals Steiro's inherent, sultry star quality.
Vogue Paris November 2013 Reinterprets L.A. Confidential
1. Retro Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a line of modern clothing inspired by retro Hollywood glamour.
2. Neo-noir Aesthetics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a digital platform or app that allows users to easily apply a neo-noir filter to their photos and videos.
3. Celebrity Obsession - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Launch a virtual reality experience that allows fans to interact with their favorite celebrities in a realistic and immersive way.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce a sustainable fashion line that incorporates luxurious furs in an ethical and cruelty-free manner.
2. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design a camera lens or filter system that mimics the gritty and sensual aesthetic of black-and-white neo-noir photography.
3. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create an AI-powered recommendation engine that suggests movies, TV shows, and celebrities based on individual preferences and tastes.