A.S. Watson-owned fragrance retailer The Perfume Shop recently introduced a new Visual Product Search Tool that lets customers find a fragrance using an image. The feature is simple to use, customers can just take of picture of the perfume and using Google Vision API, the database will be searched for the scent.
“We are really excited about the new visual search facility on our app and predict it will really come into its own in the run up to Valentine’s Day,” said Cathy Newman, The Perfume Shop’s Marketing and Customer Experience Director. “We know that some of us leave shopping for their loved ones until the last minute and need to get the perfect gift quickly, this new technology means there really is no excuses for getting it wrong.”
Image Credit: The Perfume Shop
The Perfume Shop Launched a Visual Product Search Tool
1. Visual Product Search - The trend of using image recognition technology to allow customers to search and find products visually, creating a more seamless and personalized shopping experience.
2. Fragrance Personalization - The trend of leveraging technology to help customers personalize their fragrance choices based on their individual preferences and needs, enhancing the overall customer satisfaction and loyalty.
3. Convenience and Speed - The trend of providing quick and convenient shopping solutions, such as visual search tools, to cater to time-sensitive customers and capitalize on festive occasions like Valentine's Day.
1. Retail - The retail industry can benefit from visual product search tools by enhancing the customer experience, increasing sales, and gaining a competitive advantage.
2. Beauty and Fragrance - The beauty and fragrance industry can leverage innovative technologies like visual product search to offer personalized and engaging experiences, attracting and retaining customers.
3. E-commerce - The e-commerce industry can utilize visual search tools to simplify the product discovery process, reducing search time and friction, which ultimately leads to higher conversion rates.