I just love all the technology speak related to this item, but let's be realistic, what we are looking at here is the next big thing in virtual love partners. In short, this robot can perform physical manouvers, but the robot's owner sees a virtual person using special goggles.
With the right software, you can have a different lover everyday! It will totally revolutionize the way we play, and I am not talking about the joysticks on our X-boxes here!
Pink Tentacle notes, "U-Tsu-Shi-O-Mi is an interactive â€œmixed realityâ€ humanoid robot that appears as a computer-animated character when viewed through a special head-mounted display. A virtual 3D avatar that moves in sync with the robot's actions is mapped onto the machine's green cloth skin (the skin functions as a green screen), and the sensor-equipped head-mounted display tracks the angle and position of the viewer's head and constantly adjusts the angle at which the avatar is displayed. The result is an interactive virtual 3D character with a physical body that the viewer can literally reach out and touch. Researcher Michihiko Shoji, formerly of NTT DoCoMo, helped create U-Tsu-Shi-O-Mi as a tool for enhancing virtual reality simulations."
In our fake intimacy feature, you might also want to check out a slightly more naughty trend:
Virtual Love Partner Combines Physical Robot, Virtual Reality
1. Virtual Love Partners - The combination of physical robots and virtual reality creates opportunities for innovations in the development of virtual love partners.
2. Mixed Reality Humanoid Robots - The use of mixed reality humanoid robots like U-Tsu-Shi-O-Mi creates new opportunities for interactive virtual character development.
3. Enhancing Virtual Reality Simulations - The development of tools like U-Tsu-Shi-O-Mi can enhance virtual reality simulations and create new opportunities for immersive experiences.
1. Sex Industry - Virtual love partners have the potential to disrupt the sex industry by offering new forms of sexual experiences.
2. Entertainment Industry - Mixed reality humanoid robots like U-Tsu-Shi-O-Mi can be used in the entertainment industry to create interactive experiences for audiences.
3. Virtual Reality Industry - Tools like U-Tsu-Shi-O-Mi can be used to enhance virtual reality simulations, creating new opportunities in the virtual reality industry.