Founded in 2007, Viewster is a Zurich-based on-demand video service boasting a library of predominantly anime, documentary and independent films. Viewster is a free ad-supported service and requires no registration, while it also runs a quarterly online film festival. The over-the-top streaming service is currently available in over 120 countries and is available in English, Spanish, German and French. Notably, the service was known as 'Diva' up until 2011.
Licensed content in Viewster's library includes a handful of British television shows like The Inbetweeners, Peep Show and Shameless, as well as Korean dramas and various anime series. In terms of supported devices, Viewster is accessible on iOS and Android platforms, smart TVs and through an app available for download in the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Viewster is a Registration-Free On-Demand Video Service
1. Ad-supported Streaming - Viewster's ad-supported streaming service model can disrupt conventional streaming models, encouraging new providers to adopt ad-supported channels.
2. Registration-free Services - Viewster's registration-free model represents an untapped market for streaming providers, where providers can opt for a simple model to attract viewership.
3. Online Film Festivals - Viewster's quarterly online film festival model represents an opening for new providers to create unique film festivals, showcasing their distinctive collections.
1. Streaming Services - Viewster can disrupt the streaming service industry with an ad-supported and registration-free model that spices up the segment.
2. Advertising Industry - Viewster's ad-supported model represents an opening for advertisers to capture niche markets by tailoring ads to attract Viewster's anime and documentary audience.
3. Film Industry - Viewster's unconventional video collection could encourage more independent filmmakers to partner with streaming services, marking a new industry trend of promoting diverse content to wider audiences.