Photographer and triple amputee Giles Duley has dedicated himself to capturing the physical, emotional and mental scars of the victims in Syria.
Many families have succeeded in fleeing a savage war; however, they are left with horrific emotional and physical wounds that they do not have the resources to properly care for. Instead, they must forge ahead with the singular goal of their continued survival. Duley explains,"With most charities struggling to reach their funding targets, many refugees are not receiving the support they desperately need."
Duley's photographs capture people who have been displaced from their home's, but not relocated; people stuck in a limbo. Their complex, heartbreaking situations are faithfully captured by Duley's lens, purposefully left simple so that the images can speak their truth.
Giles Duley Photographs Victims in Syria in a Powerful Way
1. Sustainable Charity - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative fundraising strategies to help charities reach their funding targets and provide support to refugees in need.
2. Visual Storytelling - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways to use photography or other visual mediums to capture and convey the complex emotions and experiences of displaced individuals.
3. Humanitarian Tech - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leverage technology to create efficient and effective solutions for providing resources and support to refugees and displaced populations.
1. Charities and Nonprofits - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace new fundraising models and technology solutions to maximize impact and reach more refugees in need.
2. Media and Publishing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create platforms and channels for visual storytelling that amplify the voices and experiences of displaced individuals, fostering empathy and awareness.
3. Technology and Innovation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop cutting-edge tech solutions, such as mobile apps or blockchain platforms, to address the resource and support needs of refugees.