The Viajes Exito campaign re-imagines the now-classic Google Maps Pointer icon as showing people where they are not. In this way, the campaign shows them where they wish they were, even if they didn't know it until they set eyes on the images. From riding a ski lift to enjoying a panoramic view of nature or laying back on an outdoor resort day bed, this travel search site can get people on vacation in no time.
Conceived and executed by Sancho BBDO, an ad agency based in Bogota, Colombia, the Viajes Exito campaign was art directed by Camilo Jiménez and Daniel Marín with creative direction by Damian Montañez and Cristian Alzate. The sneaky illustrations were done by artists Miguel Taubín and Camilo Jiménez with copy by Jose Luis Rueda.
The Viajes EXito Campaign Shows People Where They Are Not
1. Reimagined Iconography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways of representing familiar symbols to evoke emotions and desires.
2. Desire-focused Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design campaigns that tap into consumers' aspirations and showcase what they wish for or aspire to be.
3. Visual Storytelling - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize illustrations to create captivating narratives that resonate with target audiences.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate creative approaches in advertising campaigns to capture attention and create meaningful connections.
2. Travel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop travel search platforms that offer personalized vacation options based on users' desires and aspirations.
3. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with visual artists and designers to create unique and captivating visuals that enhance brand messaging.