The Robotic Urban Farm System by BLT Robotics is a vertical gardening system that can be assembled from products purchased from a hardware store. As well as being ideal for its space-saving shape, care for the hydroponic system is automated through Arduino controllers and Raspberry Pi.
Made from PVC pipe and gutter parts, the system has slots for about 160 plants and covers an area of 25 square feet. While these parts may be easily assembled, the more complex components of the system come in with programming. The computerized parts of this system are able to monitor lighting, heating, pH levels and temperature, assuring that the conditions for growing plants are always optimal. For monitoring, the system can be controlled from a smartphone, which is even more appealing to those living in urban areas.
This Vertical Gardening System is Automated with Electronics
1. Automated Hydroponic Gardening - The use of Arduino controllers and Raspberry Pi allows for the automation of hydroponic systems, providing opportunities for increased efficiency and productivity.
2. Vertical Gardening Systems - Space-saving vertical gardening systems provide an innovative solution for urban areas with limited space for farming and gardening.
3. Computerized Plant Monitoring - Sophisticated computer components of vertical hydroponic gardens can monitor lighting, heating, pH levels and temperature, providing an opportunity for improved precision and higher yield.
1. Urban Agriculture - Vertical hydroponic gardens provide an opportunity for urban agriculture, allowing individuals and businesses to grow fresh produce in a limited space.
2. Home Gardening - Automated hydroponic systems provide an opportunity for home gardening, allowing individuals to grow fresh produce in their apartments or small gardens.
3. Smart Agriculture - Computerized plant monitoring systems provide an opportunity for precision agriculture, allowing farmers to optimize crop yields and reduce waste through data-driven decision-making.