Birds Eye makes a variety of frozen convenience foods and its Green Cuisine line now shares veggie sticks as a vegan-friendly alternative to fish sticks. Powered by plants, the fishless fingers respond to the growing demand for alternatives in the UK that are supportive of personal health, animals and the planet.
Jess Ali, Senior Marketing Manager of Birds Eye, says "With 88% of consumers associating fish fingers with the brand, it’s clear that consumers are more likely to buy and trial products from brands they already love and trust. Our fishless fingers are an important addition to our plant-based offering, and we’re hopeful that they will be as popular with family members as our beloved fish-based products.”
This newest addition to the Green Cuisine line reinterprets frozen fish fingers with ingredients like corn, carrots, peas and potatoes.
Birds Eye's Green Cuisine Veggie Fingers are Powered by Plants
1. Plant-powered Convenience Foods - The trend of plant-based convenience foods is growing and presents opportunities for innovation in the frozen food industry.
2. Vegan Alternatives to Classic Foods - The trend of creating vegan versions of classic foods, such as veggie fingers instead of fish sticks, provides a market opportunity for alternative protein companies.
3. Branded Plant-based Foods - The trend of consumers associating plant-based foods with trusted brands presents an opportunity for plant-based companies to partner with established brands to reach wider audiences.
1. Frozen Food - The frozen food industry can capitalize on the trend of plant-based convenience foods by expanding their plant-based product offerings.
2. Alternative Protein - The alternative protein industry can expand their product lines by creating vegan versions of classic foods, such as veggie fingers instead of fish sticks.
3. Food Branding - The food branding industry can partner with plant-based companies to create branded plant-based foods that consumers trust and love.