At this year's Natural Products Expo West in California, Vegetarian Plus unveiled an assortment of new vegetarian snacks made from soy.
The meat-inspired vegetarian snacks come in flavors like Black Pepper, Five Spice, Sweet Teriyaki and Spicy Sriracha, which resemble real pieces of jerky and have the authentic texture of tendons. As with all of its products, Vegetarian Plus makes its offerings from all-vegan ingredients.
Now that many consumers are looking for healthy alternatives that are free from animal products and by-products, a number of plant-based jerky products are being created. While these ones from Vegetarian Plus are ideal for satisfying those transitioning their diets or reducing their intake of meat, there are other jerky snacks on the market that are made purely from whole foods like bananas, watermelons and mushrooms.
This Soy-Based Vegetarian Snack Plays Up Artisan Seasoning
1. Plant-based Jerky Products - Creating meatless jerky snacks from plant-based ingredients provides a healthy and animal-free alternative for consumers.
2. Transitioning Diets - Vegetarian snacks like soy-based jerky are ideal for those who are reducing their intake of meat and looking for healthier alternatives.
3. Innovative Jerky Flavors - Introducing unique and artisan seasoning options for vegetarian jerky snacks offers a new and exciting taste experience for consumers.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - The food and beverage industry can explore the creation of more plant-based jerky products to cater to the growing demand for vegetarian snacks.
2. Health and Wellness Industry - Developing and promoting meatless jerky snacks as a healthy alternative supports the health and wellness goals of consumers seeking plant-based options.
3. Snack Industry - The snack industry can capitalize on the popularity of vegetarian jerky snacks by expanding the variety of flavors and textures available to meet the diverse preferences of consumers.