In the same way that different life insurance rates are offered to smokers and non-smokers, an insurance company based out of Israel, Clal Insurance, is now offering a new policy where 'Vegans Pay Less.'
The creation of the Vegans Pay Less (VPL) initiative was based off scientific research that supports the fact that a plant-based diet is associated with reduced risks of various diseases, including leading ones like cancer, heart disease and obesity. To become eligible for the VPL initiative, an Israeli resident must be a current members of vegan associations and be willing to sign a declaration of health.
Lavi established the Vegans Pay Less initiative as a means of promoting greater individual and environmental health, with co-CEO Uri Eshel stating that it is "committed to promoting the growth of special services for vegans."
Clal Insurance's 'Vegans Pay Less' Champions a Plant-Based Diet
1. Plant-based Insurance Policies - Insurance policies that offer incentives or discounts to individuals who maintain a plant-based diet.
2. Personalized Health Insurance - Customized insurance policies that are tailored to an individual's specific health profile.
3. Lifestyle-based Insurance Policies - Insurance policies that take into account an individual's lifestyle choices and offer incentives for healthy behaviors.
1. Insurance - The insurance industry can adopt plant-based policies and other health initiatives that have the potential to change the landscape of the industry.
2. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can partner with insurance companies to offer healthy lifestyle choices to customers.
3. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can capitalize on the growing trend of plant-based diets by offering more vegan options that are healthy and affordable.