Fans of Greggs, the largest bakery chain in the United Kingdom, now have more plant-based food options as the company recently announced it will debut vegan versions of its bestselling baked goods. This menu transition will include plant-based steak bakes, meatless sausage rolls, vegan donuts, and more.
The vegan menu is predicted to be a huge success with consumers. When Greggs debuted its Quorn-filled roll in January, the product was so popular that the baked goods company had to increase production to meet consumer demands, which was the inspiration for Greggs to debut more plant-based food items for consumers.
According to Gregg's chief executive, Roger Whiteside, the shift to include more vegan options will change the brand's image from "an old-fashioned bakery from the north" to a "modern food-on-the-go brand." As more consumers shift to flexitarian diets, we can expect to see other QSR transition their menus as well.
Greggs is Launching Vegan Versions of All Its Bestselling Foods
1. Plant-based QSR Options - The rise of flexitarian diets presents the opportunity for Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) to introduce plant-based versions of their bestselling foods.
2. Vegan Bakery Products - Bakeries can capitalize on the growing demand for plant-based diets by updating their menus to offer vegan versions of their popular products.
3. Meatless Convenience Food - There is a growing market for meatless and plant-based convenience food as more consumers seek healthier and sustainable alternatives to traditional options.
1. Fast Food Industry - QSRs can gain a competitive advantage by developing innovative plant-based menu options for the growing flexitarian consumers.
2. Bakery Industry - Bakeries have the opportunity to cater to the rising demand for vegan and plant-based products by updating their menus to include meatless versions of their popular products.
3. Frozen Food Industry - The growing trend for meatless and plant-based diets presents an opportunity for the frozen food industry to create innovative and healthy meatless options for consumers on the go.