Two particular trends have come about in the worlds of students and businessmen. One of them is the switch to toting wheeled suitcases for transporting notes and laptops and the other is the increasing interest in commuting by bicycle. The Urban Roller Bike Trailer manages to accommodate the pair of these behaviors at once.
Megan Lin's idea would likely get more people biking to work if they knew they wouldn't have to carry a backpack. The piece of luggage might be slim but it's broad and tall and capable of accommodating everything from binders and textbooks to laptops and tablets and a stack of all of these together. A bi-directional adjustable tow-bar can be fitted to your two-wheeler while in transit. When it's time to walk, the Urban Roller Bike Trailer can be pulled along like your standard wheelly suitcase.
Urban Roller Moves the Backpack to Your Back Wheel When Cycling to School
1. Bicycle Commuting - The trend towards commuting by bicycle creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for products that make it more convenient for professionals and students to transport their belongings on a bike.
2. Wheeled Luggage - The trend towards wheeled suitcases creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for luggage manufacturers to create specialized products for people who want to transport their belongings on a bike.
3. Multi-functional Products - The trend towards products that serve multiple purposes creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to create products that allow people to transport their belongings on a bike while also serving other functions.
1. Bicycle Accessories - The bicycle accessories industry could benefit from creating products that make it more convenient for professionals and students to transport their belongings on a bike.
2. Luggage Manufacturing - Luggage manufacturers have a disruptive innovation opportunity to create specialized products for people who want to transport their belongings on a bike.
3. Outdoor and Adventure Products - The outdoor and adventure products industry could create multi-functional products that serve other purposes besides just transporting belongings, such as camping or hiking gear that can be attached to a bike trailer.