Despite looking extremely unstable, these unusual coffee tables are actually quite strong.
Created by Italian designer Daniele Ragazzo, the two tables in this collection are called 'Concreto Console' and 'Coffee Table.' These tables each have surfaces made from thick concrete slabs that are juxtaposed by their seemingly fragile glass legs. The slabs are supported only by these legs, which are essentially broken pieces of stained glass that are somehow strong enough to hold up the weight of the concrete. The unusual coffee tables are similar in design but one is smaller and is decorated with an upright mirror that also appears to be broken.
These tables initially shock the viewer with their fragile appearance, but they would make an excellent statement piece for people who love quirky home decor.
These Unusual Coffee Tables Sit Atop Glass Legs
1. Unstable-looking Furniture - Designing furniture with an intentionally unstable appearance can create unique and eye-catching statement pieces for the home.
2. Juxtaposition of Materials - Exploring the combination of contrasting materials, such as concrete and glass, can lead to innovative and visually striking furniture designs.
3. Quirky Home Decor - There is a growing demand for unconventional and quirky home decor items that can serve as conversation starters and statement pieces.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can explore the creation of intentionally unstable-looking furniture designs to cater to the demand for unique and eye-catching statement pieces.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate the juxtaposition of contrasting materials, such as concrete and glass, into their designs to create visually striking and innovative spaces.
3. Home Decor Retail - Home decor retailers can capitalize on the growing demand for quirky and unconventional decor items by offering a range of products that serve as conversation starters and statement pieces.