Axon Park, a virtual campus, recently announced the launch of the world’s first full-semester course taught exclusively in VR -- the 'Unreal Engine VR Master Class.' The course will run for 14 weeks and the project-based learning is designed to allow students to learn the core concepts.
The course is being taught by Alex Silkin, CTO and Co-Founder of Survios -- a popular virtual reality game founded in 2013. Silkin stated: “This is the first class of its kind. We’ll meet twice a week in virtual classrooms and build amazing virtual reality content together... I am beyond excited to help students invent their solutions for the still relatively untamed landscape of VR development.” As our world shifts to become more technology focused, it's no surprise the education field has become more digitized.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Axon Park Launches The 'Unreal Engine VR Master Class'
1. Full-semester VR Courses - Virtual reality immersion is set to revolutionize classroom learning.
2. Project-based Learning - Project-oriented, immersive courses could become the new norm for education.
3. Virtual Campus - The development of virtual campuses is set to expand education access, no matter the physical location.
1. Education - Virtual reality is set to create a new market of educational tools, software, and courses.
2. Gamification - The gamification of education and training is set to take on an entirely new dimension through virtual reality technology.
3. Technology - Increasing the implementation of VR technology in online learning has yet to make a significant impact, creating opportunities for disruptive innovation.