Global holding company WPP has teamed up with American video game developer Epic Games -- known worldwide for its Unreal Engine -- to begin developing a new suite of training programs for companies looking to enter the metaverse.
According to a recent press release, the partnership includes a training program in which Epic Games' top developers will train WPP employees so that they can begin creating their own custom brand experiences in Fortnite. Specific training items will include learning to use real-time 3D creation tools via Unreal Engine. Ideally, the tools learned would be applicable across a wide range of industries including film, fashion, gaming, architecture, music, and more.
Elsewhere, WPP has also partnered with Epic Games subsidiary SuperAwesome to build immersive Fortnite experiences with major brands like adidas.
Image Credit: Epic Games
WPP and Epic Games Launched a New Metaverse Training Program
Niko Pajkovic — May 13, 2022 — Tech
References: store.epicgames & campaignlive
1. Metaverse Developer Training - Companies partnering with video game developers to create training programs for metaverse developers, providing an opportunity for immersive digital experiences in a variety of industries.
2. Real-time 3D Creation Tools - Learning to use real-time 3D creation tools, such as Unreal Engine, to create immersive digital experiences for customers in a variety of industries.
3. Immersive Brand Experiences - Building immersive experiences with major brands like adidas in the gaming industry, creating experiential marketing opportunities for companies to engage customers in new ways.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Creating immersive brand experiences in the gaming industry and beyond, this trend provides an opportunity for disruption in traditional advertising and marketing methods.
2. Film and Entertainment - Using real-time 3D creation tools to create immersive experiences for viewers, this trend provides an opportunity for disruption in the traditional film and entertainment industries.
3. Architecture and Design - Using real-time 3D creation tools to create immersive experiences of architectural designs, this trend provides an opportunity for disruption in traditional architecture and design visualization methods.