Boston-based company UNREAL is on a mission to reinvent your favorite junk food, by producing a collection of candies and chocolates that are free of GMOs, gluten, soy, corn, excess sugar and artificial flavors, dyes and preservatives. UNREAL claims that not only is its candy more nutritious, but its products are also more sustainable, in that they use fair trade certified cacao, cocoa butter and cane sugar. UNREAL claims that its goal is not simply to create a healthier version of classic treats, but rather to reinvent them by using trendy ingredients such quinoa, or even beetroot juice for candy coloring.
UNREAL is well-positioned to appeal to the growing natural foods-oriented demographics, including an increasing number of millennials who purchase organic and GMO-free foods. The products currently available include candy-coated milk chocolate peanuts, candy-coated milk chocolates, and peanut butter cups in a variety of different flavors.
The UNREAL Candies Boast a List of Healthy Ingredients That Others Cannot
1. Gmo-free Foods - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the food industry to cater to the growing demand for healthier and more sustainable food options.
2. Natural Ingredients - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the junk food industry by using trendy and natural ingredients to create healthier versions of classic treats.
3. Fair Trade Certification - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the confectionery industry by incorporating fair trade certified ingredients to appeal to socially conscious consumers.
1. Food - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the food industry to create GMO-free versions of popular junk foods.
2. Junk Food - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the junk food industry by reinventing classic treats with natural ingredients and healthier alternatives.
3. Confectionery - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the confectionery industry by producing candies and chocolates that use fair trade certified ingredients.