Mint Tiny Homes, a company based in the city of Vancouver in Canada, has devised a unique tiny house that makes use of a metal frame rather than the customary wood.
This unique tiny house's steel frame allows for reduced weight. Additionally, the use of steel framing can also work to boost the home's thermal performance in conjunction with foam insulation use. While a comparable wooden framed house would have weight around 6,803 kg, Mint Tiny Homes' creation weighs in at only 5,896 kg.
Light weight aside, this unique tiny house also offers a desirable living space that includes a spacious main living area and well-equipped kitchen and bathroom.
This tiny house proves that quality amenities, thermal efficiency and affordability can absolutely be had in one singular package.
This Unique Tiny House Features Weight-Saving Steel Framing
1. Metal-framed Tiny Homes - Metal framing is a disruptive innovation opportunity in the tiny homes industry as it provides reduced weight and improved thermal performance.
2. Foam Insulation Use - The use of foam insulation in conjunction with metal framing is a disruptive innovation opportunity in the construction industry as it can improve thermal efficiency.
3. Affordable Quality Amenities - Designing small living spaces with quality amenities at an affordable price is a trend in the real estate industry.
1. Tiny Homes - The tiny home industry can benefit from metal framing as a unique selling point with improved benefits.
2. Construction - The construction industry can utilize foam insulation to improve thermal performance for homes and buildings.
3. Real Estate - Designing small living spaces with quality amenities at an affordable price is a trend in the real estate industry.