Australian photographer Mark Tipple’s ‘Underwater Project’ is an entrancing display of what one can come up with when breaking monotonous routines. Highly accustomed to capturing surfers from above the shoreline, Tipple decided that he wanted to do something different and less exhausted.
The Underwater Project began one day when Tipple was caught beneath a wave; it suddenly donned on him that he could examine the surfer experience from an entirely new perspective, or rather, from below the aquatic surface.
The fruits of Tipple’s submerged labor have been chronicled in a limited edition screwpost-bound book. In addition to each frame being signed by the photographer himself, the design of the album also permits patrons to remove the frames individually, a feature that can accommodate various displays of the Underwater Project.
The Mark Tipple ‘Underwater Project' Shows Submerged Sports
1. Underwater Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new perspectives and capture unique images by photographing subjects from beneath the water's surface.
2. Alternative Perspectives - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer new and unconventional ways for customers to experience and view familiar activities, such as sports, from different angles.
3. Interactive Album Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative album designs that allow users to customize their display and interact with the content, enhancing the overall experience.
1. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new techniques and technologies for underwater photography to expand the possibilities for capturing unique images.
2. Sports and Recreation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate underwater photography and videography into sports and recreational activities to provide alternative perspectives and enhance the overall experience for participants and spectators.
3. Publishing and Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create interactive and customizable album designs that offer a unique and engaging way for readers to experience and showcase visual content.