Following a continuous string of PlayStation-exclusive games being ported to the PC family of devices, Sony announced that 'Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves' will be available on PC via the Steam store in October, 2022.
Uncharted is a popular action-adventure series that follows a treasure hunter, Nathan Drake, and his comrades as they try to hunt down a variety of myths, ancient civilizations, and other treasure-filled locales. The story began as a simple treasure hunting plot in Uncharted 1, and grew to massive proportions with government agencies, militaries, and high-octane action getting involved by the end of Uncharted 4.
Fans will be able to experience the entire Uncharted series through the Legacy of Thieves collection with smoother framerates, higher resolutions, and new input devices when the game drops on Steam.
Image Credit: Sony, Naughty Dog
Sony is Bringing Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves to PC Devices
1. PC Game Ports - With a continuous string of PlayStation-exclusive games being ported to PC devices, the opportunity for companies to capitalize on the expanding market of PC gamers is present.
2. Enhanced Version Releases - The release of enhanced versions of old games with new input devices, smoother framerates and higher resolutions present an opportunity for gaming companies to re-release old games with new appeal.
3. Cross-platform Accessibility - As more games are released on multiple platforms, it opens up an opportunity for companies to increase revenue and cater to a wider audience by making games available on various devices and platforms.
1. Gaming - As the gaming industry continues to expand into the PC market, companies can explore new revenue streams and broaden their audience reach.
2. Tech - Expansions in PC game ports and console to PC ports present opportunities for technology companies and developers to create products and software that cater to the needs of PC gamers.
3. Entertainment - The move towards cross-platform accessibility in gaming presents opportunities for entertainment companies that can leverage the rising trend of video game streaming and content creation.