Twenty One Pilots' music video for its new single, Level of Concern, goes on forever and requires fan engagement to do so. The never-ending music video on YouTube takes the form of a live video that shares a series of images, over and over. Fans are invited to participate in the making of the music video by going to the Twenty One Pilots website or dialing a number to receive a code. With this code, fans will get a file filled with images, sounds, and clips from the phones of the musical duo. After this, there are clues given that lead to the next code—one's hidden in the closed captioning of the music video and another is tucked into an audio file.
By solving all of the codes, a true Twenty One Pilots fan will be able to unlock a special page and upload content to appear in the Level of Concern music video.
Image Credit: Twenty One Pilots
Twenty One Pilots' Music Video Requires Fan Engagement & Goes on Forever
1. Interactive Music Videos - There is an opportunity for artists to create interactive music videos that engage fans and require their participation.
2. Fan-generated Content - Artists can tap into the creativity of their fans by incorporating fan-generated content into their music videos, creating a unique and personalized experience.
3. Gamification of Music Videos - By incorporating puzzles, codes, and challenges into music videos, artists can gamify the viewing experience and increase fan engagement.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can explore and invest in technologies that enable interactive and gamified music videos, revolutionizing the way music is consumed.
2. Technology - The technology industry can develop platforms and tools specifically designed to facilitate fan participation and the creation of fan-generated content in music videos.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketers and advertisers can leverage the concept of interactive music videos to create immersive brand experiences and capture the attention of their target audience.