Texas-born artist Trey Speegle is the creator of these word-play warning posters. Speegle uses a combination of mixed commercial and fine arts to create his designs. Speegle explores themes of hope, despair and longing in his work while using a style that resonates with a broad Pop appeal.
This particular collection of posters was created to show the overwhelming and uncontrollable power that commercialism has on the greater population. Speegle created the posters so that viewers of his art could stand back and examine their own lives. If this artwork gets you asking, "Could happen to me?" or make you think about the consequences in the future of a severely overpowered population of commercialism, then this thought-provoking series has done its job.
Trey Speegle Acknowledges the Overpowering Social Reach of Commercialism
1. Commercialism Warnings - Artists and designers creating thought-provoking pieces that warn of the overpowering social reach of commercialism.
2. Mixed Media Art - Exploring the combination of mixed commercial and fine arts to communicate important messages and themes.
3. Pop Art Resurgence - Using the broad Pop appeal of mixed media art to convey subversive messaging and commentary on societal issues.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunities for advertising and marketing professionals to use mixed media art and subversive messaging to create more impactful campaigns.
2. Fine Arts - Potential for fine artists to explore new mediums and techniques, such as mixed media, to communicate important social commentary and messages.
3. Graphic Design - The use of subversive messaging and thought-provoking designs in commercial graphic design to create more impactful and memorable branding campaigns.