Allbirds, a New Zealand-based footwear brand specializing in sustainable products, has announced the launch of the 'Tree Flyer,' its lightest running shoe to date. The new sneaker arrives as an update to the Tree Dasher 2.0, which was released earlier in 2022.
This eco-friendly sneaker boasts a low carbon footprint and weighs in at just 9.49 ounces, making it a true featherweight running shoe option for serious athletes. However, according to the company, the new sneaker is geared more towards long-distance running and, therefore, comes equipped with a SwiftFoam midsole and ZQ merino wool heel lining.
As for its eco-friendly characteristics, the Tree Flyer's entire upper portion is made from eucalyptus fibers. Meanwhile, its shoelaces are constructed from recycled water bottles, and its outsole is made using FSC-certified rubber.
Image Credit: Allbirds
Allbirds Releases Its Lightest Running Shoe Yet, the Tree Flyer
1. Eco-friendly Footwear - There is a trend towards eco-friendly footwear materials and construction, presenting opportunities for sustainable innovation in the industry.
2. Lightweight Running Shoes - The demand for lightweight athletic shoes continues to grow, providing opportunities for product development and material innovations in the sports industry.
3. Sustainable Packaging - As brands continue to focus on sustainability, there is a trend towards eco-friendly packaging solutions that are innovative and eye-catching.
1. Footwear - The footwear industry has an opportunity to innovate with eco-friendly materials and lightweight construction methods to meet growing demand for sustainable and high-performance shoes.
2. Sports - The sports industry has an opportunity to develop innovative lightweight shoes with eco-friendly materials, tapping into the growing demand for sustainable exercise apparel.
3. Packaging - The packaging industry can take advantage of the trend towards eco-friendly packaging, utilizing innovative and environmentally-friendly materials that are both eye-catching and functional.