Charlotte Ryberg has designed a set of sheer, borderline transparent room dividers using layers of fishing nets. The screens are each hand-crafted out of colored yarn and suspended onto a wooden frame. Home-owners have the option of folding them up for convenience and portable storage.
Ryberg cites childhood memories with her father as inspiration for the collection, saying, "As a child I sometimes got up early summer mornings to follow my dad out on the sea to pick up the fishing nets we had laid out the night before."
Noticing the aesthetically pleasing effect the layered nets had, whilst maintaining a connection to their surroundings, Ryberg sought to recreate the simplistic, airy aesthetic for indoor use. The result is a subtle, but pretty, sheer home accessory.
This Transparent Room Divider is Subtle Yet Stylish
1. Transparent Room Dividers - Opportunity to develop more subtle and stylish semi-transparent partitions using unconventional materials such as fishing nets.
2. Hand-crafted Home Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity to produce unique and customized home accents using a variety of craftsmanship and sustainable materials.
3. Portable Home Solutions - Opportunity to develop foldable, lightweight, and easy to assemble home decors, especially for small-space urban living.
1. Interior Design - Utilize unconventional materials and craftsmanship techniques to create unique, natural and eco-friendly home decor items.
2. Home Furnishings - Design and manufacture lightweight, portable and easy to assemble furniture and home accessories for small living spaces.
3. Sustainable Design - Develop eco-friendly and sustainable home decor items using recycled or biodegradable materials to appeal to conscious and environmentally aware consumers.