The Tragically Hip, an iconic Canadian rock band that was formed back in 1984, has joined TikTok to connect with a new generation of fans and celebrate the 30th anniversary of their second studio album, 'Road Apples.'
Through the platform, the band pays homage to its history, helping younger fans to become more acquainted with the Canadian legends and their journey over the last few decades. In a recent video, guitarist Rob Baker invites fans to sing along to a stripped-down version of 'Ahead By A Century' in a duet. The video honors vocalist Gord Downie, who sadly passed in 2017.
The Tragically Hip spoke to their new social media endeavor, stating "We’ll be sharing exclusive clips from our vaults and curating our favorite content from fans who cover, dance, and sing along to our tracks. Our hope is that TikTok can be a place to celebrate music and connect with fans - both old and new."
Image Credit: TikTok
The Tragically Hip Joined TikTok to Share Music and Engage with Fans
1. Music Social Engagement - Bands are using TikTok to connect with younger generations of fans and share music in new and engaging ways.
2. Exclusive Content Vaulting - The sharing of exclusive content is a trend that creates a more personal bond between fans and musicians.
3. Memorialization - Social media is creating a space for fans to honor beloved musicians who have passed away.
1. Entertainment - Social media platforms like TikTok present opportunities for bands to reach wider audiences and create engagement around their music.
2. Social Media - The desire for exclusive content and the need to connect with artists presents continued opportunities for social media platforms to innovate.
3. Music Streaming - Streaming companies can take advantage of exclusive content sharing and memorialization trends to create new features and deepen engagement with users.