With "[more than] one million LGBT+ people in the UK [who are] over 50," Tonic Living is addressing an untapped niche in the retirement home category. The organization is dedicated to building "vibrant and inclusive urban LGBT+ affirmative retirement communities," where people feel accepted and enjoy their later life in a safe, supported and exciting way.
Tonic Living's operations, design, and outreach are informed by a community panel that consists of people who are interested in becoming future residents, individuals over 50+, as well as those who identify as LGBT+. Through this, Tonic Living has assured that it has "a diverse range of voices and experiences" that directly inform its work.
As of right now, Tonic Living operates thanks to the support of a consortium of charitable trust and foundations.
Image Credit: Tonic Living
Tonic Living is Creating Diverse Experiences for Retirement
1. LGBTQ Retirement Communities - Creating vibrant and inclusive urban LGBT+ affirmative retirement communities.
2. Addressing the Needs of LGBT+ Seniors - Catering to the unique needs of LGBT+ individuals in retirement.
3. Community-driven Retirement Homes - Involving future residents and the LGBT+ community in the design and operation of retirement homes.
1. Retirement Community - Opportunity to develop retirement communities that focus on LGBTQ inclusivity.
2. Real Estate Development - Designing and constructing retirement homes tailored to the needs of LGBT+ seniors.
3. Non-profit Organizations - Supporting the creation of inclusive retirement communities for the LGBT+ community through charitable trust and foundations.