Brands of tofu with unusual names like "Handsome Tofu" and "Johnny the Tofu Maker, Blowing in the Wind" have been attracting attention on the Internet and around town, not just for their names but also for their exquisite flavor. Though a single pack costs two or three times more than regular tofu, the products have proved a hit at supermarkets and the food sections of department stores. Sales have been strong since the summer of 2005, when a shop selling the tofu opened in the upscale Tamagawa Takashimaya department store in Tokyo, an event that attracted a flurry of media coverage and made the tofu known across Japan.
1. Unconventional Tofu Brands - Capitalizing on unusual names and exquisite flavor to attract attention and boost sales.
2. Premium Tofu - Offering a higher-quality tofu product at a higher price point, catering to the demand for gourmet options.
3. Tofu Marketing - Using creative marketing strategies to generate buzz and increase brand awareness.
1. Food and Beverage - Exploring innovative ways to market and differentiate tofu products in a competitive industry.
2. Retail - Identifying opportunities to stock and promote unique tofu brands that appeal to discerning consumers.
3. Media and Advertising - Assisting unconventional tofu brands in creating memorable marketing campaigns and gaining media coverage.