The flip flop brand Third Oak focuses on Millennial outreach by producing a product that gives off a "feel-good" vibe that suit the values of younger consumers. The label's flip flops are all made in the U.S. from cruelty-free and fully recyclable materials. The leaders of the brand are also mostly comprised of women. The CEO of Third Oak, Sara Irvani, expresses that the reason behind her ethical approach is that she realized people now care about responsible manufacturing processes more than ever, and that is what Third Oak stands for.
Third Oak released the Scout sandal silhouette as a slim-cut flip flop for women that comes in a total of 20 different colors, ranging from neutral tones to metallic hues and vibrant colors. The sandals are priced at $30 each and the brand will introduce men's styles come June.
Third Oak Crafts Flip Flops from 100% Recyclable Materials
1. Sustainable Fashion - Third Oak's ethical focus on using recyclable and cruelty-free materials sets a trend towards more environmentally-friendly fashion options for consumers.
2. Female Leadership - Third Oak, as a brand led mostly by women, sets a trend towards empowering women leaders in the fashion industry.
3. Millennial Outreach - Third Oak's focus on creating a feel-good vibe that aligns with the values of younger consumers sets a trend towards understanding and appealing to the Millennial market.
1. Footwear - The flip flop industry could adopt Third Oak's approach to using recyclable, cruelty-free and domestically produced materials in order to appeal to consumers demanding more ethical footwear options.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry at large could learn from Third Oak's emphasis on environmentally-sound manufacturing processes in order to strengthen both ethical business practices and appeal to consumers.
3. Women-led Comapnies - Third Oak's success in the fashion industry could inspire the growth of more women-led companies in the fashion industry.