Accessories are made and worn to catch the attention and embellish, and that's exactly what the Thigh Gap Jewelry collection strives to and succeeds to do. Soo Kyung Bae of Singapore is outraged about the media's obsession with the size of the space between a woman's legs, aware that it is incredibly uncommon for a person not to have any curves there.
Aiming to bring awareness to this harmful fixation, the jewelry designer created the Thigh Gap collection to emphasize the area. She explains that she hopes to get a rise in people by producing outrageous gold pieces that elicit a proper consideration of the foolishness of this obsession. The success of a project like this is in the way that it bridges the physicality of luxury fashion and the psychology of body image to make a big statement about the pressures on females, young and old.
A Gold Jewelry Collection Guides the Eye to the Space Between Women's Legs
1. Body Positive Accessories - The trend of body positive accessories highlights inclusivity and promotes self-love, giving businesses in the accessories industry an opportunity to appeal to a wider range of consumers.
2. Anti-body Shaming Fashion - The trend of anti-body shaming fashion aims to disrupt the negative impact of societal beauty standards, providing businesses with an opportunity to promote body diversity and increase inclusivity in the fashion industry.
3. Statement Jewelry - Statement jewelry is a trend that gives designers an opportunity to make a bold message with bold pieces, as seen in the Thigh Gap Jewelry collection, which brings attention to harmful body image fixations.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry has an opportunity to make a positive impact by promoting body diversity and inclusivity through their designs and marketing campaigns.
2. Jewelry Industry - The jewelry industry can embrace the trend of statement jewelry, designing and marketing pieces that make bold messages to raise awareness on societal issues.
3. Body Positive Movement - The body positive movement is growing, and industries such as fashion and jewelry can embrace this trend in order to create an inclusive environment where all body types are celebrated.