Will Ferrell's 'Anchorman' is often cited as one of the best comedies of the 21st century and in 2019, Ferrell will be reviving the film in 'The Ron Burgundy Podcast.' Debuting in the first quarter of 2019, 'The Ron Burgundy Podcast' will be produced by Funny or Die and will air on iHeartRadio. The series has already been green-lit for two 12-episode seasons, and will, of course, feature Ferrell as the iconic titular character.
Promotion for the series has already begun in Twitter, with Ron Burgundy breaking the fourth wall and Tweeting out, "listen, I don't know what a podcast is, but I currently have a lot of time on my hands and a lot to talk about." It is unclear as to what structure the podcast will take, but the announcement of this new content is sure to appeal to any comedy fans.
Image Credit: Funny or Die, iHeartRadio
'The Ron Burgundy Podcast' Breathes New Life Into the Character
1. Comedy Podcast Revivals - The rise of iconic comedy film podcasts being adapted into audio format is an opportunity for media companies to revive beloved characters and concepts through new platforms.
2. Celebrity-driven Podcasts - Producing podcasts featuring famous comedians in character expands the podcast medium's appeal and marketing potential.
3. Fourth Wall-breaking Promotions - The use of social media as a medium for characters to reach audiences beyond their movies or TV shows highlights opportunities for innovative marketing.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage iconic film characters and comedians to create expanded content through podcasts.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The rise of celebrity-driven podcasts and fourth wall-breaking promotions create new opportunities for companies to advertise and market their products.
3. Audio Production - Podcasts offer new opportunities for audio production companies to create innovative and engaging content that expands upon popular film and TV franchises.