For something as mechanically uncomplicated as a French press, it can be surprisingly difficult to fix oneself a solid cup of coffee. From burning the grounds with scalding water to accidentally forgetting to plunge the filter (and ending up with tart, over-steeped coffee), the theoretically perfect coffee-making tool can easily leave people with a practically undrinkable brew. The Rite Press, a new French press currently on Kickstarter, not only eliminates those issues with ingenious, low-tech solutions, but it also makes cleaning a breeze.
In a modern design environment, companies are often tempted to turn things "smart" by adding app connectivity. However, pricey add-ons like Google Home compatibility and IFTTT commands aren't always the best option. The Rite Press has two key features that set it apart from other coffee accessories (without making it too complicated for your grandma to use): an integrated thermometer and a magnetic hourglass.
One of the biggest mistakes that rookie French pressers make is to fill their press with boiling water straight from the kettle. Water at a rolling boil is too hot for coffee grounds, and it leads to a bitter brew. The Rite Press has a thermometer that slides out of the shaft of the filter. Its blue/green/red meter lets you heat water into the ideal range (around 200 degrees Fahrenheit, or green on the scale) without needing to memorize numbers yourself. The thermometer reacts within seconds of touching the water, so you won't have to wait around while a mercury bar glacially rises.
The other key preparation tool on the Rite Press is its magnetic timer. The sleek, resin-encased hourglass measures out precisely the amount of time required to steep grounds, ensuring that you don't end up with sour, 10-minute-steeped coffee.
Morning routines are often tight, though, and the standard French press is beyond a pain to clean. After enjoying a cup in the morning, the Rite Press' removable bottom makes it quick and simple to rinse out, removing the ordeal of clean-up and preventing the unpleasant aroma of stale coffee that's lingered in the press all day.
The Rite Press is in the midst of a ridiculously successful funding round on Kickstarter, so consumers should contribute to get great deals before it hits the market. Anyone interested in a hassle- and tech-free cup of smooth and delicious coffee would be advised to do so immediately.
The Rite Press Makes Great Coffee Without Any Gimmicks
1. Low-tech Solutions - The Rite Press integrates low-tech solutions into its design to simplify coffee making.
2. Simplifying Morning Routines - Products that simplify morning routines, such as The Rite Press, are growing in popularity.
3. Smart Add-on Alternatives - There is a growing demand for products that offer simple and affordable solutions instead of expensive smart add-ons.
1. Coffee Industry - The Rite Press is a disruptive innovation opportunity for the coffee industry in terms of simplifying and improving coffee making.
2. Kitchen Appliance Industry - The Rite Press's low-tech design and simplified cleaning feature creates disruptive innovation opportunities for the kitchen appliance industry.
3. Smart Device Industry - The Rite Press's success on Kickstarter points to a trend of consumers seeking simple solutions without the need for smart device integration.